Sisters and Brothers it appears we are moving in the right direction regarding Covid-19. Restrictions are loosening up allowing dining, sporting events and meetings. We held Union meetings last month and it was great to see members again. Vaccinations are ongoing and I encourage everyone to get vaccinated to stop the spread.
I attended the IBEW 3rdDistrict Workshop in Verona, N.Y. The biggest news was the International Convention has been rescheduled from August 30, 2021 to May 9th– 13th2022.
- We are ramping up for contract negotiations with Ephrata Borough, the contract expires December 31, 2021.
- The first day of the WEEVE arbitration was held April 15, 2021 and day 2 is scheduled for May 27, 2021.
- Customer contact center staffing issues are ongoing and are now in the care of our attorney to enforce the arbitrators ruling.
- The Material M.A. has been rejected.
- Susquehanna’s outage is complete and was done safely.Congratulations to everyone who participated in the outage.
- Montour’s last recordable injury was 6/12/18!Congratulations, that is something to be proud of!
Stay safe, stay healthy,
President Frank E.G.