Hello Sisters & Brothers of IBEW Local 1600.
- 10/7/19– Executive Board Meeting.
- 10/8, 9, 10/19 – Attended the Labor and Management Public Affairs Committee (LAMPAC) meeting in Washington, PA with VP Rusty. Topics discussed were Company and Union relationships, Safety, new technology, including tools, cyber security and the importance of Nuclear Carbon Free Energy. Also discussed were the difficulties fossil fuel generation is facing.
- 10/14/19– M. – Myself, VP Rusty, Rep Jane Biever, Chief Steward Woody Miller, Stewards Mike Basilotto and Tina Dent met to review a proposal from the PPL Material Dept. Management team. Discussion ongoing.
- 10/17/19– Talen Stewards training at 1600.
- 10/22/19– AM – Attended a Grievance Resolution Meeting at Lehigh SC with Rep Jane Biever.
PM – Myself, VP Rusty and Rep Jane Biever met with PPL Material Dept Management to present a counter proposal. Discussion ongoing.
- Sisters and Brothers just a quick update. Talen is displacing 5 Steno’s from Tower 6, Article X is in play. Business Rep Mike Mannix is the lead for Local 1600 on this.
- PPL has announced the closing of the Marion Heights and Carbondale Service Centers.The Company took the position that they can simply move workers to a close location, our collective bargaining agreement specifically Article X is clear on how to handle a displaced employee. Grievances will address this.
Be safe out there!
Frank E. G.